Project proposal template
Updates to The Health Roundtable on AAHBC
Current projects being undertaken by AAHBC include:
- Clinical care ratio review
- This project has determined the percentage of time spent by Allied health in clinical versus non-clinical activities.
- Several audits of staff across sites, professions and professional grades were undertaken to determine a clinical care ratio.
- An overall average ratio has been determined and variations have been identified for grades, work type (e.g. team leader, student supervisor) and individual professions.
Clinical care ratios: quantifying clinical versus non-clinical care for allied health professionals, Australian Health Review
- Model of care review
- Comparison of models of care for General Medicine clinical units has commenced.
- General Medicine is recognised as an area with growing episodes of care, complexity and co-morbidities as a result of the increasing aged population and increasing chronic health issues.
- Activity levels, resourcing, outcomes and length of stay will be compared alongside variations in models of care/patient pathways.
- Staff Benchmarking Model
- A model has been devised which utilises current case-mix adjusted activity data from sites who submit data to The Health Round table to determine EFT per bed per DRG.
- The model also provides a method of measuring each sites’ activity (and therefore the determined EFT) against all AAHBC sites.
- The Staffing Benchmarking Model is currently being redeveloped to provide an average EFT per clinical unit e.g. General Medicine/Orthopaedics/Neurology
- Stroke Pilot Project
- Data coding education and audit
- The Health Round Table benchmarking of AAHBC sites
- Negotiations have occurred with The Health Roundtable to enable the production of a suite of benchmarking reports for AAHBC members only.
- This will enable comparison of similar size and tertiary nature of hospitals across Australia and New Zealand.
Past projects completed by AAHBC include:
- National allied health service weights project
- Nutrition data benchmarking project
- Renal project
- Staffing levels
- Stroke project
- THR project
- Tracheostomy project
If you could like additional information about past or current projects please email [email protected] or use the ‘Contact us’ page.